Get out and support the arts and entertainment scene in this incredible neighbourhood. There is so much good in this ‘hood!
If you have an event in the OEV that you don’t see listed here or an update for one of the events below, get it promoted by sending an email to email@example.com.
April 25th – Shakuntala – Palace Theatre, Main Stage
A dance drama based on the Indian epic, Mahabharta.
April 30th – May 9th – One Actmanship – Procunier Hall, Palace Theatre
One Actmanship is comprised of two Foster One Acts: My Narrator and The Death of Me. Laughs abound as Foster pokes fun at human foibles.
May 22nd – 30th – Talley’s Folly – Palace Theatre, Main Stage
“A Victorian Folly becomes the setting for, what many call, the most beautiful love story seen on stage. Filled with comedy and wonderful dialogue, this Pulitzer Prize winning play is set during one of the most delicate times in American History; this is a production you will never forget.”
Musician Mondays – Open mic every Monday night at the St. Regis Tavern
Wednesdays at the St. Regis Tavern, EV’s Thick Fat Sound Choir – Bar Choir meeting $5
Saturdays, 11am – 2pm, live music at the Artisan Bakery, 864 Dundas Street.
Sundays, 11am -2pm, live music at The Starving Artist Cafe, Dundas at Elizabeth St.
18 – El Sistema Aeolian – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
19 – CCH Has Got Talent – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
20 – Genticorum – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
21 – Pyscho Daisies – Musical Chairs, 9pm, St. Regis Tavern
21 – Marty Kolls and Fraser Teeple – The Root Cellar Organic Cafe
22 – Remembering Stan Rogers – 6:30 pm, Aeolian Hall
23 – London Food Co-Op Sustainable Food Systems speaker series – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
26 – Hot Music for a Cold Night – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
27 – Heartaches Country String Band – 8pm, St. Regis Tavern
28 – Outcasts – 3pm – 7pm, St. Regis Tavern
28 – Sunfest performer to be announced ** – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
1 – London Concert Band – 2pm, Aeolian Hall
5 – Amelia Curran – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
8 – Alison & Laura – 12:30pm, Aeolian Hall
10 – The Kruger Brothers – 8pm, Aeolian Hall
12 – Marc Jordan Trio – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
14 – Aviva Chernick – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
19 – Valdy, 8pm, Aeolian Hall
20 – Andre Laplante, 8pm, Aeolian Hall
22 – Sara Davis Buechner – 7:30pm, Aeolian Hall
27 – Heartaches Country String Band – 8pm. St. Regis Tavern
28 – Outcasts – 3-7pm, St. Regis Tavern
28 – Tal National – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
28 – Spring Concert of Piano Concertos, 12:00pm, Aeolian Hall
29 – Harry Manx – 6:30pm, Aeolian Hall
15 – Great Lake Swimmers, 8pm, Aeolian Hall
16 – Great Lake Swimmers, 8pm, Aeolian Hall
17 – Sylvia Tyson – 8pm, Aeolian Hall
19 – Men At Words – 7:30pm, Aeolian Hall
24 – Pierre Bensusan – 8pm, Aeolian Hall
25 – Laila Biali & The Radiance Project – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
1 – Lemon Bucket Orkestra – 7pm, Aeolian Hall
6 – Buffy Sainte-Marie – 8pm, Aeolian Hall
8 – Manteca – 8pm, Aeolian Hall
23 – Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra, 8pm, Aeolian Hall
6 – Peter Katz – 8pm, Aeolian Hall
Events For Music Makers
- Ruby Tuesday – “Song swap, drop-in for hummer, strummers, listeners.” 7-9:30 pm Tuesdays at Life*Spin.
- Ukulettes – “Music that makes you smile 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. February 6th, Life*Spin
- Musician Mondays – Mondays at 7pm, St. Regis Tavern
- Roots & Soul Sundays at the Reeg – Sundays at 4pm, St. Regis Tavern
- Bi-weekly open mic night at the Root Cellar starting September 11th, 9pm to midnight. All singers, musicians, poets, storytellers, performers welcome–sign up when you arrive.
- SOUP – Southern Ontario Ukulele Players – 7:15 pm – 9pm at Aeolian Hall. $5
- Community Jam – Wednesdays, East Village Coffeehouse. Contact the Coffeehouse to get on the performers list.
- Starting Friday January 23rd – 7-9pm, EVAC Friday Night Music Jam Circles; jam circles at EVAC every other Friday evening. (They are looking for a ringleader to lead the circle this night.)
- Open Mic Jam Night – Every Thursday, The Town & Country Saloon. 9 pm – 1:30 am Bring your instrument or your voice. Karaoke singing available. Everyone is welcome.
- February 12th and April 8th – Ignite London – The Aeolian’s Ignite London is a high-energy evening of 5-minute talks by people who have an idea – and the guts to get on stage and share it. Run by local volunteers, Ignite London is a force for raising the collective IQ and building connections in our city. Ignite is a style of presentation where participants are given five minutes to speak on a subject accompanied by 20 slides.
- Beginning Friday January 30th 6-7:30pm – EVAC Lecture Series: Jane Jacobs & Urban Design. This is a five-part lecture series on urban design, focusing on the works of Jane Jacobs. The talks will be:
Friday, January 30th: Streets
Friday, February 6th: Neighbourhoods
Friday, February13th: Preconditions for urban diversity
Friday, February 20th: Landmarks & historic buildings
Friday, February 27th: How cities change
The talks will be presented by Benjamin A. Vazquez, U.E. Cost will be $10 for EVAC members, $20 for non-members for all five talks. PWYC if need be. The proceeds will go directly to support EVAC.
- January 25 – March 9th – The Aeolian Winter Art Exhibit – Open to the public from 10am – 3pm weekdays. Featuring the art of Wendy Reid and Don Earle with guest artists, Dawn Johnson and Tracy Root.
- March 11th, Hopping Into History Art Show Opening Reception. 6:30 pm, Aeolian Hall.
Hopping Into History, London’s Old East Village art show opening reception and book launch will be held Wednesday, March 11, 2015. We are pleased to welcome the artist Cheryl Radford and the author Kym Wolfe to our newest exhibition. The opening reception will be held between 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at The Aeolian Hall. Everyone is welcome to attend this free event, light snacks and refreshments will be served, and a cash bar will be open. The book will be a selective glimpse into the history of Old East Village, from the Dundas Street commercial corridor and Heritage Conservation District to the factory district. It includes interesting facts/trivia about the area and a bit about the current culture, accompanied by Radford’s ink and watercolour illustrations.
- April 17th – 19th – 2015 London Artists’ Studio Tour – Various locations around London. OEV locations include: Metal In Fusion, 630 1/2 Lorne Ave; Amanda Rowe, 630 1/2 Lorne Ave; Jayne Cornelis, 630 1/2 Lorne Ave; Chris Snedded, London Clay Art Centre, 664 Dundas St.